Eligible applicants must be a Fellow of a Specialist Medical College or their Faculty, including:
- The Australasian College of Dermatologists (ACD)
- Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (ACEM)
- Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP)
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
- College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM)
- The Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA)
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA)
- The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO)
- The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
- The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP)
- The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
Eligible applicants must:
- live and work in areas determined using the Modified Monash Model (MMM) system categories MM2 to MM7;
- have previously worked in rural / remote locations for at least 12 months.
Medical specialists who are Fly-in/Fly-out (FIFO) are eligible to apply and will be considered for funding on a case by case basis.
Fly-in/Fly-out (FIFO) applicants will be considered the lowest priority, irrespective of the applicant’s total time practicing in rural locations, rurality/remoteness rating of practice location, and the type of CPD activity requested.