The following medical practitioners are eligible to apply for SRSA funding:
- Fellow of a Specialist Medical College* or their Faculty;
- Staff specialist;
- Specialist practitioner in an Area of Need position; or
- International Medical Graduates undertaking SMC College requirements for specialist recognition via the Australian Medical Council Specialist Assessment Pathway;
*ACD, ACEM, ACSEP, ANZCA, CICM, RACMA, RACP, RACS, RCPA, RANZCO, RANZCOG, RANZCP, RANZCR.
Eligible applicants must:
- live and work in areas determined using the Modified Monash Model (MMM) system categories MM2 to MM7;
- have previously worked in rural / remote locations for at least 12 months.
Medical specialists who are Fly-in/Fly-out (FIFO) are eligible to apply and will be considered for funding on a case by case basis.
Fly-in/Fly-out (FIFO) applicants will be considered the lowest priority, irrespective of the applicant’s total time practicing in rural locations, rurality/remoteness rating of practice location, and the type of CPD activity requested.