The Committee of Presidents of Medical Colleges (CPMC) has established an expert sub-committee to oversee the strategic management and delivery of the Support for Rural Specialists in Australia (SRSA) program. The Commonwealth Department of Health has provided new funding opportunities for rural and remote specialists to undertake CPD and upskilling.
The CPMC is seeking to appoint (1) Fellow (of Speciality Medical Colleges), to the sub-committee through an expression of interest process.
The key responsibilities of the sub-committee are to:
- provide strategic guidance for the program;
- oversee the functioning, expenditure and outcomes of the SRSA Program Management Unit (PMU) and projects;
- ensure the efficient and effective use of project resources with the objective of achieving valuable CPD and multidisciplinary team-based training (MDT) outcomes for rural specialists;
- provide advice to the PMU regarding the education, training and CPD needs of rural specialists;
- assist in the application and operation of the program model;
- confirm project planning for the program;
- develop and monitor the application for funding guidelines;
- establish and maintain an Assessment Panel;
- oversee financial management to ensure efficient and effective use of funds; and
- oversee program management to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the overall program.
Interested Fellows should complete and submit an expression of interest form which includes a supporting statement outlining how the applicant’s knowledge, qualifications, experience and interest in medical education, rural and remote training pathways and continuing professional development will contribute to the objectives of the sub-committee.
For further information, or to obtain an expression of interest form, please contact Bernard Bucalon of the SRSA Program Management Unit on 02 9256 5419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
 Eligible Specialist Medical Colleges include: ACD, ACEM, ACSEP, ANZCA, CICM, RACMA, RACP, RACS, RCPA, RANZCO, RANZCOG, RANZCP, RANZCR